Work as a Fellow in the twin cities of Ernakulam and Kochi and its expanding suburbs Thrikakara and Vypin in Kerala, and provide recommendations for clean drinking water, infrastructure and waste management by:
Identifying core issues in specific sectors/constituencies
Recommend programs to overcome the issues and implement solutions.
Member of Legislative Assembly, Hibi Eden (ex-President National Students Union of India), Kerala Congress.
The twin- coastal cities of Ernakulam and Kochi, along with their expanding suburbs Thrikakara and Vypin have issues related to connectivity (roads, highways, bridges etc), clean drinking water (being a coastal region) and waste management/sanitation. Fellows will be expected to spend two weeks in each of the cities, evaluating on-the-ground conditions and provide concrete recommendations to the client on how to resolve their problems. Depending on the specificity of the recommendations, fellows might be asked to support the implementation as well.
Fellows will be expected to:
- Collect Primary Data: Conduct a thorough survey of the client’s constituency and map out causes for respective issues
- Collect Secondary Data: Review census data and past surveys and connect with the Secretariat, various government agencies and urban local bodies.
- Connect with constituents: Develop relationships with constituents to gauge their expectations from their MLA.
- Connect with Government Agencies and NGOs: Survey and communicate with government agencies and NGOs to understand their delivery capacity.
- Deliver program strategy for MP and provide specific execution plan.
(Specific timeline we be discussed further with selected candidates)
This is a 10-12 weeks engagement (September -October)
Housing and a living allowance (food and transport) will be provided to Fellows.